Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Retail Rewards

Awhile ago I put together a plan for a show outfit for me and Katai that looked something like this.


Of course I no longer have brown tack but I have almost everything else in this picture, albeit slightly different brands or styles, except a grey pad. Grey saddle pads are SO tough to find especially in dressage style and pony size. When I first looked I decided to get a Mattes euro pad since I have one and I love the size, styling, and quality and it looks really nice on Katai. However, since Mattes pads are pretty pricy I wanted to get one as a reward for  good show, or sort of feel like we'd earned it.

This past show felt that way to me so I went ahead and ordered a show pad. Except, they had free shipping if you spent over a certain amount and since two pads would get me over that amount I decided to go for it. Now I'll have three Mattes pads including my navy with the pink fleece, the
grey show pad, and another one that will be a surprise :)

Not sure if I've ever shared a clear picture of this pad
but I love it so much and it's held up so well
I also got some much needed summer stuff from Riding Warehouse. I picked out a fly sheet, fly boots, salt block, and I've really wanted to try Equifuse after reading a few good reviews so I decided to try that as well. They also have such cheap shirts that I got a couple of those since you can never have too many summer riding shirts.



I do have to say that this is only my second experience with Riding Warehouse and my first wasn't wonderful. It wasn't their fault, just a combination of a faulty pair of breeches and a show shirt I really disliked. Luckily they do have an amazing return policy so I was able to send both things back. I was anxious to try them out again since I've heard so many great things and my impression was much better this time around. My order shipped right away, arrived quickly, and everything was exactly what I expected. I look forward to future orders with them!

8 comments:

  1. I've been eying the grey dressage pads too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your second RW order went better, I really love them! I've been ogling some Mattes pads for a while, maybe one of these days I'll finally bite the bullet and get each of the girls one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I knew the last one had to be a fluke since so many people love them but I'm glad it went well this time too! Do it! They're such nice pads, my last one has held up so well and they have so many fun combinations :)

      Delete
  3. i really like that style of saddle pad a lot... but have this weird mental block about spending a lot of money on a saddle pad. it literally took me MONTHS to pull the trigger on this one cross country style saddle pad that i had been obsessing about forever. the thing was like $60, and i basically tortured myself over it haha....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you, I'm like that with other things but I have a bit of a saddle pad obsession. I also have a lot of European friends and pads are SOOO expensive over there!! Like more expensive than bridles kind of expensive.

      Delete
  4. That saddle pad is super pretty. I want one now.

    ReplyDelete

Getting Killian Part II

  I left this on a bit of a cliff hanger but of course if you follow my Instagram you know that I got Killian. It was an adventure to get he...