Friday, March 31, 2017

First Day at World Cup Finals: Grand Prix

Certainly a rainy, dreary drive getting to Omaha!
I had an amazing first day at the World Cup Finals in Omaha! It was a rainy, gloomy day outside so that much better to be spending it at the event center. I got there around 11:00 with my mom in tow and started out by doing some shopping. There were some amazing brands there that I wouldn't normally get the chance to look at and try on so I was taking full advantage.


So far I haven't found anything that I "need" but there's still some time left ;)

Amazing boots
Prior to the show starting I also met Stephanie from Hand Gallop! She's the first blogger that I've met and it was so great to talk with her.  It was fun being able to talk about the amazing people in the blogging community and I may try to join in on a Rolex trip for next year! I was also eyeing some of the breeches at the booth she was working at so I'll be back on Saturday to try some on including a very cute pair of bright pink ones #adultponyriderftw

Then my mom and I got our seats for the Grand Prix. I really, truly enjoyed it and it's the first event of this level that I've ever been present at. Our seats were fairly high up but they were actually pretty good and it was nice to be able to have a birds eye view of the whole arena. It also made watching the geometry really easy since we were looking down from above.


I got some very cool, if tiny, pictures of some of the competitors. I feel like Mister X won the adorableness category but Laura Graves and Edward Gal were my favorite riders. Both were just so smooth and quiet. Laura Graves showed second to last and was in first place with just Isabell Werth to go. I had my fingers crossed but also knew how unlikely it would be for her to place over Isabell and I was right, Isabell showed last and came in with the only score over 80 of the night. She was so precise and wonderful but I personally still think that Laura should have won.

Laura Graves!!! She had my favorite ride but tough to beat Isabell Werth
It was completely amazing to be there no matter who won though and I can't wait to attend the Freestyle on Saturday!

After the competition I walked to Starbucks and saw this poster. So cool!!!
I had thought of getting tickets to show jumping on Friday but my mom was already getting a little tired of watching this and since we've already got tickets to the Freestyle on Saturday we decided to check out the Omaha Zoo tomorrow and do some other sightseeing.

4 comments:

  1. Laura Graves is awesome. How exciting to see it all live!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so jealous!! Looks like an amazing experience so far 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous! I was *this* close to bidding on tickets in a silent auction but didn't think I could make it work. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I got to meet you and I'm so glad you had a fun time at World Cup! I thought Edward Gal had a really nice, quiet ride, too!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Killian Part II

  I left this on a bit of a cliff hanger but of course if you follow my Instagram you know that I got Killian. It was an adventure to get he...