Monday, October 22, 2018

Shopping

This may sound silly but I knew I was feeling better mentally and motivation wise with horse stuff when I wanted to do some shopping again.

Yes, I’m pretty sure I’m officially a tack whore.

I had picked up a few things since I last posted much but nothing too exciting. I got a couple pairs of summer appropriate breeches and a couple of warm weather shirts. I also got some fly gear and other assorted summer items all from Riding Warehouse. I had also picked up a rope halter and lead rope since the main thing I was working on with S2 was natural horsemanship techniques and I didn’t have appropriate gear for that.

Honestly, whenever I move barns I feel like I need to get at least one or two things in order to have what I need with the new set up. At this barn I needed to reassess my winter gear and pick up another blanket for Katai, namely one with a neck cover. I’m not quite sure what this winter will bring but I’m pretty sure that I’ll be riding enough that I’ll need to clip. I’m going to go pretty conservative at first since I’m not sure how Katai handle the lack of heated barn and heated arena but I want to make sure I’m prepared so I picked up this pretty blanket so that I’d have one with a neck.


I spent the additional money on this name brand since I have two of the liners for this system and they also sell various, different weight neck covers. Hopefully that will give me some flexibility to make sure she stays warm and dry. This time I didn’t need much more than that. I may pick up a blanket bag for the front of Katai’s stall but with the move I’m really needing to stick to my budget so I’m going to make what I have now work, and store stuff in my car for the time being, and will just figure it out as I go. However, that doesn’t mean that I didn’t do some shopping just for fun. The items I have on my list for potential future splurge purchases (maybe Christmas and birthday money?) are:
Now Katai can finally be a proper pony ;)

HKM Flower Power pony dressage pad


Eskadron bandage liners


Eskadron polos in pink (can you believe I don’t have any pink polo wraps?!?)


PS of Sweden grooming bag (totally over the top but the space to store my phone and separate brushes sold me on this one)

8 comments:

  1. I love that blanket with the neck piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I love that blanket! Those Rambo front clips are so nice. I will say, I've been using the Rambo liners with the Smartpak Ultimate blankets and sheet for years now without issue, if you ever do want to expand your brand search. As long as the blanket has the two rings on the back that the liner clips can clip to, it doesn't move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I’ve been using them with my cheapo Saxon sheets that I’ve picked up on clearance and it’s working great. I just figured since I was investing in a nice blanket I might as well go with the one that the liners go with :)

      Delete
  3. What is it about tack shopping that leaves you feeling so good inside lol

    ReplyDelete

Getting Killian Part II

  I left this on a bit of a cliff hanger but of course if you follow my Instagram you know that I got Killian. It was an adventure to get he...