Monday, March 26, 2018

Pony Updates

Both of us looking unimpressed.
I did actually get the mirrors cleaned though1
Finally!

Well first, there really isn't much to report right now. My rides weren't very good, as is understandable, for the first couple weeks back after our break. I think it was a combination of ulcer stuff, being overly full of energy, spring weather change stuff, and probably still expecting that her saddle was going to hurt. Of course on top of that she'd lost some muscle tone and probably just wanted to go back to her vacation.

First, I started her on Nexium, Tums before rides, and upped her maintenance supplement. I also lunged before I rode to let her work out any stiffness and warm up her back before I climbed on. Over the past month or so things got way better but I still haven't been able to be that consistent because of storms, work stuff, plans etc. As mentioned in my personal updates post I've recently opted out of plans for the next month or so and other than really important things I'm not making any weeknight plans and only very limited weekend plans which I'm hoping will help with consistency.

I also have my transportation figured out after having car troubles and our days of getting huge snow storms are numbered if the highs stay in the 40s that we've been getting for the past couple of weeks. All of those things as well as more evening daylight should help me get back to my regular riding routine.

I've obviously failed to set goals over the past couple of months but plan to get monthly goals set for April. I'm hopeful that I can get at least 5 rides in this last week in March and then start out April strong.

I'm going to be posting some other updates on what we have been doing over the past month or so but I have enough content on those things that I didn't want to lump them into this post and make it too long. Those should be up shortly though!

2 comments:

  1. glad to hear that things are starting to stabilize a little bit into a new routine despite all the craziness of moving and car stuff and being busy busy with the new bf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that things are getting easier. It's been a rough spring to get organized- I've been really struggling with it.

    ReplyDelete

Getting Killian Part II

  I left this on a bit of a cliff hanger but of course if you follow my Instagram you know that I got Killian. It was an adventure to get he...