Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Of Monsters and Retail Therapy

Yeeeaaaahhhh...

So I probably didn't need to buy anything else horse related for maybe at least a year but when I was so sick I did end up doing some shopping and bought a set of these beauties!


aaaaaannnnnnddd a set of these...


But really I'm just  counting it as improvement that I didn't buy a set of these gorgeous things...

Things like this are why everyone should own a pony
I did actually "need" another set of dressage boots. Polos don't work because of the small size of Katai's legs and the fact that I'm incapable of putting them on well, even though I know how. Also since I only have one set of boots it's been tough to keep them clean and means going for a week at a time without leg protection. It's hardly the end of the world but I'd really rather have a different set to swap out when I'm washing them.

I LOVE the pastel pink set of boots that I have (and I'm sure you're all familiar with) which are from People on Horses. I've had them since just after I got Katai, so about four years, and they still look nearly like new. However, unfortunately at nearly $200 for a set (including shipping) I just haven't been able to stomach the thought of buying more even though I really wanted them in navy patent

First time in her boots, crazy to think this was only about 4 years ago!
Instead I found Hufglocken through Instagram and once I found out that they had free worldwide shipping on orders over $150 I decided to order some stuff. It just so happens that two full sets of boots from them cost about $180 with the difference in exchange rate so I went for it. They shipped today and I'll share more once I get them. I'm really looking forward to trying them out and excited that I'll have full matching sets of navy blue, brown, and pink tack now. It's the little things :)


Also, while I was sick this adorable jacket showed up that I bought for Veggie over Christmas. Watching him play with his tennis ball as a little monster certainly did a lot to make me feel better and I'm almost back to 100%. I should have a lesson recap soon!

14 comments:

  1. Love the boots!! Hope your feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I've been looking unsuccessfully for teal dressage boots for like a year.... And POH carries that color, which I wouldn't have known if I hadn't clicked your link. Thanks for that 😂 Hufglocken does too incidentally, so I can't wait to hear how you like your new boots! I should probably refrain since I got a full set of silver DSBs for Christmas and then impulse purchased a set of the new black and teal Majyk Equipe boots....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to enable haha! I'll share more once I get them and I'm really hoping that I like them at least almost as much as the POH boots! Oooooh, I've had my eye on those black and teal Majyk Equipe boots!

      Delete
  3. Wait- free shipping? Worldwide? You've changed my life!

    I love those boots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!?! Shipping from AU is normally really expensive too.

      Delete
  4. I just spent 20 minutes drooling over those boots. I'd buy my own but they don' have the black Ostrich in Dee's size!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ALMOST got those instead. They just look so sharp! I just ended up deciding that I don't have any black saddle pads so these made more sense.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous boots! And your dog is the cutest :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been eye balling them. I look forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to order literally EVERYTHING Hufglocken sells. Already planning a rather substantial order for this spring, so I'm looking forward to what you think of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me TOO! Especially now that they have Mattes products and the exchange rate makes the prices reasonable. I'm looking forward to sharing more :)

      Delete

Getting Killian Part II

  I left this on a bit of a cliff hanger but of course if you follow my Instagram you know that I got Killian. It was an adventure to get he...