Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Lack of updates, Lack of time

Lately things have been crazy in my life. Good, but crazy :-)

The relationship I was in, if you want to call it that, fell apart which ended up being a good thing because I met someone really nice who actually wants to spend time with me. I've been seeing him a few times a week and since he lives an hour away that means leaving right after work. I am extremely happy though about the whole thing and don't regret a single second I spend with him.

Despite the lack of time Katai has been doing extremely well. I've made a ton of progress with loading her in the trailer and she will walk right on with all four feet. It still needs some work but we are well on our way.

I've also made progress with riding although not as much as I wanted. I've been following the same idea that's been working with teaching her everything else and carrying the dressage whip. She does extremely well when you clearly define boundaries and the whip is helpful with doing that even though I rarely even touch her with it.

We have been struggling with fly spray though. I've fought with all the ponies I've owned about fly spray. For some reason they ALL have been completely terrified and/or obstinate about putting up with that.

I did find out that my trainer is planning on getting a whole bunch of her students to a schooling show on August 10th and I plan on having Katai ready to at least attend even if she isn't ready to actually show.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Killian Part II

  I left this on a bit of a cliff hanger but of course if you follow my Instagram you know that I got Killian. It was an adventure to get he...