Monday, December 3, 2018

End of an Era

So cute and so stained.
 It was also getting too small for all my stuff
Back when I moved into what I still consider my first "real" boarding situation I had a tack locker that was school sized. I actually sort of liked the set up at that barn with a large room for saddles and personal lockers just for the smaller stuff. Too bad the trainer who owned the place, J, was so awful.


Back when it was much less stained.
Also, I know I've mentioned it before but I still miss that pink lined bridle
At any rate at that point I knew that I needed something to hold my brushes that could fit in that space and when I went to the horse expo they had these containers and were able to personalize them. I've used this one ever since which has been about 4.5 years.

It's worked so well that I've never shopped for new ones but I realized that at my current barn where there is no heat I needed to figure out a different method. The problem is that I can't bring any liquids including first aid supplies since I don't want that stuff to sit in my car and freeze. I was carrying a "barn bag" back and forth with me which was basically a canvas tote bag but it was all just dumped in the bottom and it was tough to find what I wanted.

When the black Friday sales started I casually was looking for totes and organizers and found this!

Puppy for scale (she loves posing for pictures hehe)

See I hate the ones with the draw string bag type top. It's clumsy in my opinion and makes it really tough to find what you need. This one unzips at the top and has lots of separate compartments which makes it awesome. I have a tone of stuff in it including all of the first aid stuff I'm likely to need, polo wraps and bandages, brushes, and tack cleaning wipes. Along the outside I have all of my grooming spray and detangled as well as scissors and a few other odds and ends.

Because it has the handy shoulder strap it's easy to carry to work and then the barn each day that I plan to ride and that way I don't have to worry about any of it freezing. Since it zips closed it also keeps the majority of hair and barn smell contained. So far I really like this grooming bag and its working really well for me.



4 comments:

  1. I have a grooming tote very similar to your LeMieux one. It's enormous. I end up stuffing hairnets, detangler bottles, sponges, gloves, spurs, etc into it, haha. I also keep braiding elastics, chicago screws (for western tack) in separate little pouches of the tote. It's super handy. And when we go away to clinics and the like, I often cram my jump boots (or polos) in there, and clip my helmet to the carrying strap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I really wasn’t sure what I’d think since I did really like the simplicity of my old one but this has been great so far.

      Delete

Getting Killian Part II

  I left this on a bit of a cliff hanger but of course if you follow my Instagram you know that I got Killian. It was an adventure to get he...