Sunday, March 25, 2018

Follow Up on Feedback

I really need to get better at taking pony pictures but here's a cute,
sleepy puppy picture for some media.
Thank you all so much for your feedback. Instead of responding to each of your questions I thought I would just write a quick follow up and then I promise I’ll get back to pony updates next.

After reading through all of your feedback and suggestions I decided to make a spreadsheet with different options and the costs. I think I’ve had sort of an idea about what different things would cost but hadn’t really laid it out until now and I’m really glad that I did. The main problem isn’t whether I could get a trailer over the next few years it’s how I’d pull it. Not only would there be a fairly considerable amount needed for the trailer (new or older with maintenance) but I’d also need to pay to rent a truck to pull it. Buying a truck or having any second vehicle is completely off the table right now since I only have metered (2 hour) street parking. Trying to rent both things also just isn’t on the table right now because it would take way more coordination etc. than I have available. It would also be way too stressful especially for someone who’s pony already causes a lot of stress with traveling.

Long story short, after looking at it all laid out, the sheer expense of even buying a cheap trailer and renting a truck is just too much on top of the new car payments with a single income for it to happen within the next few years and I don’t want to wait a few more years to get out on trails, do clinics, or show more than 2-3 times a year.

Moving still isn't something I want to do so I'm still chewing over my options, making lists, and trying to figure out how all of this fits with my current needs as well as my long term goals. Hopefully I'll have an update soon because I'm so tired of being in this place and feeling stuck.

2 comments:

Getting Killian Part II

  I left this on a bit of a cliff hanger but of course if you follow my Instagram you know that I got Killian. It was an adventure to get he...