Monday, November 20, 2017

No Clip November

Turns out my mare bear is pretty good at no shave November :)

Soooo fluffy!
She's also extremely in heat probably since there are a couple of new horses at the barn and these newest two are boys. Cue lots of flirting for my little sass of a mare or as Jane would call her, "a tartlet".

The boy she is most interested in is a horse that I rode a few times for my previous instructor L. He's now up for sale after showing that he preferred jumping to dressage and so he's at Jane's as an in between barn while they get him to where he's eventually going.

The tall horse himself. 
In other news, I don't know if I mentioned that Jane finally sold her young horse. Strangely enough this guy is her half brother and they look a lot a like so I've already confused them at least once.

Luckily, despite Katai being extremely in heat we actually had a great ride tonight and I'm looking forward to my lesson tomorrow!
I've started to add more poles to our lunge work including
at the canter. This weekend I raised the pole for the first time.
Clearly we're kind of a big deal jumping wise ;)

6 comments:

  1. Um yep, Bridget would say that's definitely a jump! :) "Tartlet", lol love it, I know a pony who I'm going to start calling that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh yay ground poles! Charlie is also rocking the no shave November look, tho I will eventually clip him when he gets back to work bc.... Man he is a sweaty monster lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to add something else to our routine! Yeah, I'm going to need to clip her again at some point but her body isn't growing out toooo quickly.

      Delete
  3. Clearly she likes to show off for the boys. Tartlet indeed!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Getting Killian Part II

  I left this on a bit of a cliff hanger but of course if you follow my Instagram you know that I got Killian. It was an adventure to get he...