Monday, September 25, 2017

Fall Blahs


I LOVE fall. Usually our weather is gorgeous and it’s my happy place temperature wise with temps normally around the 50s-low 70s. However, like all our other weird weather this year we’ve had two spikes up into the 90s in between the 60s. The cooler weather came earlier than normal which was lovely but these weird 30 degree spikes are rough and migraine causing for me. I ended up with a migraine (although I actually caught it before it got too horrible this time) on Thursday and then Friday was 93. Because of that, despite my goals of making it out at least 4 times this past week I only made it out 3.

Part of that is that I still don’t have a saddle. Despite VTO’s quick turnaround time I miscalculated how long shipping takes with a box that large. It was either $40 to ship for 5-6 day shipping time for $106 for 2-3 day shipping so I went with the longer option. I know my saddle has gone to the adjuster at this time but with shipping back likely taking at least as long I don’t even know if it will arrive this week. That’s more than two weeks without a saddle and I’m starting to worry that Katai is going to gain back enough pudge that the, now narrower, saddle won’t fit when it gets back. I did end up talking with Jane on Sunday and she suggested that I try one of her back up saddles. I was doubtful but it actually fit pretty well so I’m going to try it out tonight and then possible ride in it for my lesson tomorrow.

It’s a really rough time for this to be happening since my friends, who are still looking at moving, are wanting to watch another one of my lessons before they make the decision. Oh well, I needed to get my saddle adjusted and this time as is good as any since I don’t have any shows or clinics coming up.

In the meantime I’m planning to get out to the barn 5 times again. Even if this borrowed saddle doesn’t fit well enough for me to ride in it I’ll be lunging and doing some bareback rides. Plus I still want to get a bath in for Katai before the weather gets too much colder. It's looking like our weather is going to be more consistent for the next week or so and I'm hoping that my body adjusts again so that I can enjoy it!

6 comments:

  1. I really hope that she doesn't pudge up too much- get that girl on a treadmill! :D
    Fall has been really strange this year. I miss the crisp air but I think it's coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too lol. I know right! I wish it were that easy. I was able to spend last weekend doing a lot of cardio work :)

      Delete
  2. Fall is my favorite time of year to ride but I'm also dealing with obnoxious road blocks and interruptions. It's stressful! Hope your saddle comes back soon tho and fits like a charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah :( I've been reading along and I've got my fingers crossed that Charles lets you get back to fun fall rides soon!

      Delete
  3. Bareback sounds like a good back up plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun! I need to make time to do that more often. I'm still so stuck in the mindset of her being a difficult horse but she's grown up so much that I need to get over it and move on :)

      Delete

Getting Killian Part II

  I left this on a bit of a cliff hanger but of course if you follow my Instagram you know that I got Killian. It was an adventure to get he...