Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Prepping


I've been weirdly ambivalent about prepping for this upcoming show. I just haven't put the amount of attention into getting everything together that I have in the past. I think part of it was being out of town for two weeks recently since I feel like I'm just getting caught up in my personal life much less getting show things together.

I also just feel like work has been so nuts that my energy for anything outside of work has been fairly limited. It's not that I won't have things ready, I just won't have it ready as early as I typically do and I've just been putting less attention into it.

I am extremely happy that my ride times are 1:40ish and 2:40ish! No early mornings and not having to deal with the 4-6 hour wait between tests will be fantastic :)

I have been doing important things like painting my toenails pink
(pony solidarity) and washing my lucky unicorn socks of course ;)
I've got my first level test memorized but need a refresher on training 2. I was really hoping my Mattes pad was going to get here but it won't so I'll likely use my black pad since I like that more than the white one. I've just got to swap out Katai's broadband, finish cleaning tack, remember my training level test, and bathe the pony. I also have to decide if I'm going to braid.

Unfortunately it's supposed to be cold and rainy (which I actually prefer to extreme heat) and possibly stormy (which isn't so great). Normally it wouldn't be a huge deal but Katai is tough enough to deal with at a show on a good day that trying to deal with her if it's pouring rain is going to be quite the experience.

I'm also sort of just trusting my pony and I'm hoping it will pay off. I had a meh ride with her in the outdoor arena where she was more tense than I'd hoped she would be at this point. I also know that my standards have gone way up in the last few months so that's part of it. I loaded her the other day and she was really pretty good so I'm sort of trusting that too. The rain won't help but I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping it doesn't rain while we're scheduled for our test or just doesn't rain in general.

Who knows, we might crash and burn but I'm guessing she'll be as good as I ride and I'm really just hoping that she doesn't go backwards after a few months away from the show ring.


11 comments:

  1. Awww, you guys got this! You're ready! Own it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got so much faith in the two of you! Remember to enjoy and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There will be no crashing or burning. There may be tension, there may be shenanigans but you will work through it and it will be a great experience for both of you. BUT there may also be just lovely pony doing her thing and showing the world what she can do. So let's go with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I like that, I think I'll go with that too

      Delete
  4. sometimes nothing beats sitting back and trusting the work you've put in, trusting your training and pony! wishing you best of luck and hope you have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm hoping I can go with that through the show and just relax a bit and enjoy

      Delete
  5. It's great to take the time and prepare - mentally too. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Carly!! I may have some stories for you when I see you on Friday ;)

      Delete

Getting Killian Part II

  I left this on a bit of a cliff hanger but of course if you follow my Instagram you know that I got Killian. It was an adventure to get he...