Sunday, April 2, 2017

Second Day at World Cup Finals: Exploring Omaha

I'm such a dork but it's not every day that
you see equestrian sports on bus stop benches
Since my mom was nice enough to accompany me and dressage (and horses in general) just isn't her thing I'd left Monday as a day where we could do some other things so that she'd have a little break. I was also excited to explore some of the other things in Omaha including the Zoo.


We got up and went for a walk to a coffee shop but unfortunately couldn't find the Starbucks we were headed for so we went to a nearby Target Starbucks instead. After that we headed straight to the Omaha zoo!

Grumpy bird was grumpy


It was fun and I got so many pictures of the animals. We have a great zoo locally but they don't/haven't had elephants or rhinos so it was fun to see those here. It was a little rainy and cold out but by the time that we left it had warmed up to 57* and felt pretty good.


It was a long good walk so my feet and legs were quite sore by the end of the day but I certainly got my steps in.
Poisonous snakes may be part of why living in MN is nice
After stopping for some food we went back to the adorable AirBnB so that my mom could take a nap since she hadn't slept particularly well the day before.

In the afternoon my mom and I got coffee at an award winning local coffee shop called Archetype Coffee and it was delicious. Otherwise we pretty much snacked and rested for the rest of the evening. So nice to be here with my mom but it's a bit different than how I may spend my time if I were on my own :)

2 comments:

  1. Aww, so cool you got a road trip with your mom! The zoo looks nice. I shouldnt admit to this, but even I cant do horsey events more than a couple of days in a row :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going to zoos. I haven't been to one in ages. It's good to spend this time with your mom.

    ReplyDelete

Getting Killian Part II

  I left this on a bit of a cliff hanger but of course if you follow my Instagram you know that I got Killian. It was an adventure to get he...