Saturday, January 7, 2017

My Other Christmas Gift

I got a few amazing things other than the girth and bride but most of them aren't horse related (including some amazing handmade knit socks from my mom). However, I ended up with a very generous Amazon gift card and I've already bought a few fun things including a Polaroid Cube.

For anyone who doesn't know what these are, I didn't until I found it on Amazon, it's similar to a go-pro but at $60 it's a better price point for me and it's just adorable.

I got the blue one
Along with the price point there are a few fun things about this camera. First, it's tiny!


It's also water proof (or maybe just water resistant) and, my favorite, it's got a small built in magnet!

Sorry for the dirt but look how cool that is!
It's securely magnetized to the metal on the wall
just like a little superhero
It takes video up to 1080 and accepts a micro SD up to 32GB. It also has a wide angle lens so it captures a bit more than my phone which is really nice when trying to get videos in the arena.

Clearly I could have positioned it better
but for a screen shot from a video in bad light this isn't bad!
Mainly, while the quality might not be as nice as a more expensive (or larger) piece of equipment it's really simple, cute, handy, and for the price it will be fun to play around with. I'm hoping to figure out how to best incorporate it in my rides and I'm hoping it will help me get more media since that's been tough otherwise.

Little blurry here (very small part of the shot)
 but not horrible and at least I can get media!

8 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I've never heard of those before

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too! Yeah, it was on a gift list on Amazon or I wouldn't have found it either :)

      Delete
  2. Me either! Can't wait to see how you like it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll hopefully have more videos soon! I already lost the little cable that came with it so those were from my work computer which doesn't have any video editing software. I ordered a cable and it should be here in the next few days.

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I've never even heard of those! What an awesome, affordable idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I've got a video I'm going to post soon and I think the quality is pretty good too especially for the price!

      Delete
  4. I've seen those, but I didn't realize they did video. That's cool.

    ReplyDelete

Getting Killian Part II

  I left this on a bit of a cliff hanger but of course if you follow my Instagram you know that I got Killian. It was an adventure to get he...