Thursday, January 5, 2017

I'm Back!

I do love work trips to Seattle though!
So cool to watch this sea plane taking off Lake Union from my hotel elevator
In more ways than one.

The past few weeks have been really tough in being able to get to the barn. First was the accident and being in pain, then not having a car to drive, then the holidays, and finally this week I was in Seattle, WA for work. I just got back today and its so good to be home.
Or the Amazon Bio-orb that's under construction
Even though it's been tough to only be able to occasionally go to the barn and the lack of rides and lessons hasn't made for much progress it has been sort of nice to have a "forced" break from regular riding. I was lacking a bit on motivation both because of the weather and because I think I just needed a break. Now though, especially today, I'm feeling way more motivated. I think it's both because of the break and because I finished reading book two of the Dressage Chronicles and I'm reading book three, for the first time. I love these books and they always make me want to ride and go to dressage shows :)

Or the place where cool car things happen :)
I'm planning to ride or go to the barn every day through my lesson on Tuesday next week and I'm really glad that I have absolutely no plans until the end of February so I can just focus on riding!

8 comments:

  1. I just bought the first book of the Dressage Chronicles, can't wait to read it! 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for you! You're going to LOVE it. She really nails the dressage and horse explanations way better than any other horse book I've read.

      Delete
  2. I"m going to have to look for those books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are SOO good. I feel like I actually learn dressage related things or at least have things to think about even though they're fiction and also very entertaining!

      Delete
  3. Absence makes the heart grow fonder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bio-orb thing is super neat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I'd love to see inside when it's full of plants :)

      Delete

Getting Killian Part II

  I left this on a bit of a cliff hanger but of course if you follow my Instagram you know that I got Killian. It was an adventure to get he...