Thursday, February 4, 2016

How Justin Bieber Relates to My Riding

What the heck does Justin Bieber have to do with my riding you are wondering. I had this unique epiphany the other day on one of my drives to the barn when the Justin Bieber song "Love Yourself" came on the radio that had to do with who I am as a person and a rider.

I am a very intense person. When I get a thought in my head I will persist with it until I have an answer. I've had to learn to tone it down at work but when it comes to horses I'm stubborn, driven, tense and intense and not always good at calming down. I've been aware for a long time that this is probably party why Katai is rushy and tight with me riding but completely changing my way of being isn't easy.

The epiphany was about how this relates to my music choices. For about 14 years of my life I did this.



It's intense, dark, and tough. There's nothing relaxed or easy about this music or most of my music choices into my late twenties. One of my favorite songs from a play list that I created a few years ago was Barton Hollow by The Civil Wars.



It's a gorgeous song but again, intense and driving and there's nothing easy about it.

Recently though I've realized that I'm being drawn towards a different type of music. Music that's lighter and more carefree with a really easy sound. One example is Skinny Love by Bon Iver.



But Love Yourself by Justin Bieber is an even better example. I've been enjoying it every time it comes on the radio but the other night when I heard it, especially the part at 2:44, I had this realization that this is how I want to ride. The relaxed, easy, go with the flow sort of riding rather than how I normally ride and operate in general.



Easier said than done but next time I ride I'm going to be thinking of Justin Bieber.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Killian Part II

  I left this on a bit of a cliff hanger but of course if you follow my Instagram you know that I got Killian. It was an adventure to get he...