Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Bridle Shopping

So, while waiting for Katai to gain some muscle and fill out and waiting to get some money together for my saddle I've been bridle shopping. 

Don't get me wrong, I love my pink lined bridle,

but it was never meant to be a permanent solution plus since I'm planning on a brown dressage saddle I'll need a bridle to match. 

With some googling I found some really great options so now I'm having a tough time deciding between them.

First option:

Micklem Competition Bridle - I've always liked the way these look and the science behind them plus Katai does always violently rub her head after I finish riding. I'd be interested to see what she thought of this since I don't use a flash. It could make her feel more claustrophobic or she could love it. This is probably my second favorite bridle at this point.

Second option:

Schockemoehle Sports Paris bridle - I really like this bridle but it doesn't look like the flash attachment is removable and I've heard mixed things about the quality. This is probably my third favorite at this point.

Third Option:
 

FlexiFit bridle - I think these are beautiful bridles plus you can order each piece in a separate size which is great since Katai's head is oddly between pony and cob sized. They also have different options for each piece with some really beautiful browbands and several options for nosebands including patent and white lining. Even better, they have a removable flash attachment so I could ride without if I chose but add it later if/when we need one. Right now this is my favorite bridle and my first choice.

There are several other options such as this bridle,

 
which is a little too odd for my taste and this bridle,


Which I love but is not legal for dressage.

Luckily I have some time to think about it since at the very earliest I would be getting my saddle at the end of June.

Which one would you pick?







2 comments:

  1. I cannot reccomend the micklem enough, Sunny also used to be a big head rubber but since switching him into the micklem he seems so much happier to wear his bidle and isn't rubbing to have it taken offf as soon as I dismount.

    ReplyDelete

Getting Killian Part II

  I left this on a bit of a cliff hanger but of course if you follow my Instagram you know that I got Killian. It was an adventure to get he...