Friday, January 3, 2014

The Year of the Horse

Tonight when I went out to check on Katai, pull her blanket off and make sure that she was in one piece underneath and she looked like this ->


but I think she thought that she looked like this ->


Or this ->


I am really liking her new blanket. It's my first ever heavy weight blanket and a few years ago I NEVER thought that I would be using a heavy weight blanket on a horse I owned much less a PONY I own but she was actually loosing weight from the cold weather and now she is maintaining nicely.


She is just so cute! Once she had her blanket off and had been thoroughly inspected I free longed her for a little while which is when she turned into fire eating dragon pony and then put her blanket back on, fed her grain, and brought her back to her pasture.

As far as 2014 goes it has been going great so far! My old car died on the last day of the old year and I got a new on on the 1st. It is so nice to be confident about my car again and to know that it will go where I want it to!

I am also very excited to be taking part in the 2014 Twelve Week Horsemanship Challenge!! It is on Facebook and the challenge is;

Pick 1 horse and in 12 weeks: Spend 40 horsemanship hours and ride 30 times. Any rides count towards your 40 hours. (5 rides can be bareback the rest need to be saddled. No minimum ride time but 2 hours minimum between rides.) To throwdown in this challenge you must post a picture of you and the horse you choose by midnight PST Saturday January 4th 2014. The challenge starts on Sunday January 5th 2014 and finishes midnight PST March 29th 2014. Choose your horse wisely, get ready to grind it out rain or shine dark or cold. Posting updates is not required but is a huge support, inspiration and service to everyone else. Complete the challenge and reap the rewards in your horsemanship. Are you in??

I think it will be just the thing I need to encourage me to continue to ride through this cold. I will be tracking my progress on here to keep me going. I'm so excited to get started!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Killian Part II

  I left this on a bit of a cliff hanger but of course if you follow my Instagram you know that I got Killian. It was an adventure to get he...