Monday, July 22, 2013

More Big Changes

It wasn't that long ago that I started my new job and I talked about the change in my life then along with the option of boarding. Then about a month and a half ago I started dating a really incredible guy that I LOVE spending time with.

Now I'm moving myself and Katai!

I've wanted to be in the twin cities for the past few years but I have to be where the job is especially with our slowly recovering economy and I really enjoy my current job but after dealing with interesting (cheap) rentals for the past few years its time for me to finally have my own (well sort of since its a rental) place :-)

I am moving almost exactly half way between where the boyfriend/friends live and where I work. Of course this also means moving Katai. I found a great place near where I am going to be living that will also be affordable. It's a small private stable with one horse and two stalls. The other horse is getting a little older and his owner was looking for a companion for him that wouldn't pick on him. The barn is insanely neat and clean and the stall is large. It has great pastures and he has it all set up for proper rotation :-)

The worst downfall is the lack of an arena of any kind. I just spent the past couple of weekends building an incredible arena at the neighbors and I was really looking forward to being able to finally have a real arena. I also won't have access to a horse trailer which isn't fun.

I'm hoping that in the next year, or so, I'll be able to move her to one of the other boarding barns that are nearby which have multiple arenas and more people to ride and hang out with. First though, I have to make sure I can afford things :-) I will post pictures of the barn as soon as we're moved in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Killian Part II

  I left this on a bit of a cliff hanger but of course if you follow my Instagram you know that I got Killian. It was an adventure to get he...