Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Consistency, Consistency, Consistency

As I've said in previous posts I have a huge issue with consistency. Finally I am making some progress with this and it is amazing how just that one thing is helping my progress with Katai.

Yesterday I worked on trailer loading since I was giving her another day off to help with her foot tenderness. Luckily she is feeling way better now that we've had a couple of dry days in a row.

Trailer loading yesterday went excellent! She hopped right on with all four feet and and continued to load calmly even after several time off and on and an increase in pressure. Now in a few more days I'll work on that again.

Today I rode!!! She was excellent and is really starting to get the idea of forward. It was a very short ride because this is the first time I've ridden her in this heat and she was still just slightly sensitive on the rocks in the arena. I'm hoping that the next time I ride she will be even more comfortable and I know she'll be used to the new summer heat that's FINALLY arrived.

Now I just have to get more consistent with remembering to take pictures.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Killian Part II

  I left this on a bit of a cliff hanger but of course if you follow my Instagram you know that I got Killian. It was an adventure to get he...